+0 (123) 456 78 90
We are pleased to present below all posts archived in 'February 2016'. If you still can't find what you are looking for, try using the search box.
The system which came into force on February 1 has been met with some resistance by traders and clearing agents who say it has only increased their cost of operations.But speaking with Joy Business at a press soiree Wednesday, Commissioner General of the GRA, George Blankson insisted the system is the best way of streamlining import duties in the sub-region to the benefit of the local economy.
Read the rest of entry »
The Customs Division of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has initiated full-scale investigations into the seizure of 12 boxes of gold valued at US$18 million at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA).The gold, which weighed 480 kilogrammes, was impounded last Wednesday by security officials at the KIA in what they described as a syndicated attempt to smuggle the commodity out of the country without the necessary authorisation.A source close to the KIA told the Daily Graphic that the gold deal was uncovered upon a tip off.It said the timely intervention of the security officials led to the retrieval of the 12 boxes of gold which were ready to be exported by Emirates Airlines without any form of documentation and inspection.
Ghana’s Ministry of Food and Agriculture appears to be proposing a policy aiming to reduce poultry imports and improve local production, according to Citi FM Online of Ghana.Statistics available at the ministry indicate that only 42 percent of poultry meat consumed in Ghana is from domestic suppliers, with the remaining 58 percent are imported from the European Union and the United States.Speaking to the news agency during a recent tour of Tema Harbour, Deputy Minister of Food and Agriculture (MoFA), Dr. Hannah Bissiw, confirmed the government’s commitment to revamp the country’s agricultural sector and maintain job opportunities in the sector.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)-led coalition for trade facilitation is arguing strongly for the ratification and implementation of the Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).That it believes will help to address the myriad of challenges faced by cross-border traders.The Secretary General of the ICC Ghana Coalition, Mr Emmanuel Doni-Kwame, indicated that the holistic and efficient implementation of the agreement could have a major impact on bringing down trade transaction costs.Speaking at the Coalition’s stakeholder workshop on the TFA in Accra, he said: “There is the need to be constantly updated on new developments within the existing multilateral arrangements which have an impact on the country’s economic development within the context of globlisation.
“The Service was charged to collect a revenue target of GHC 472,560,000.00, and we were able to collect GHC 480,259,241.64”, Mr. Isaac Tetteh Djan Abbey, Sector Commander of the KIA CEPS Collection, said on the occasion of the end of year get together of the Service.He mentioned commitment and dedication of staff, good policies by management such as the introduction of compliance measures, where the performance of staff was electronically monitored, as well as intensive training programmes, as some of the reasons for the achievement.
Get the latest updates in your email box automatically.