Universal Merchant Bank (UMB) opened its door to the public on 15th March 1972 as the premier merchant bank in Ghana.
In 2005, UMB introduced Retail Banking with the acquisition of a Universal Banking License. Currently the bank has 28 branches nationwide. The bank has two fully owned subsidiaries.
UMB is recognized for its entrepreneurial approach, innovative use of technology, and distinctive banking solutions.
Strategic Pillars and Focus
Our pillars to achieve success for this year and beyond are
Our plan is anchored on retaining our position as the premier corporate bank and regaining growth in this area whilst expanding into the retail banking space. We will achieve this objective by expanding into the value chain of our corporate portfolio. Combined with our commitment to providing excellent and convenient customer care, we have set up structures to ensure our success.
In its four decades of existence, the bank has accomplished many noteworthy feats, including:
- The establishment of a hire purchase and leasing business in Ghana.
- The promotion and formation of the first Discount House in Ghana.
- Handled the share issues of 8 out of 10 companies when there was no Stock Exchange in Ghana in the 1970's.
- The initiation of the preparatory work in the establishment of the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE).
- The sponsorship and registration of about 50% of the companies on the GSE.
- The arrangement and formation of the mortgage company currently known as HFC Bank Limited
- Served as an advisory body in the acquisition of SSB Bank by Societe' Generale; and
- The merger of Ashanti Goldfields and Anglogold
No Document(s) has been attached to this organization yet.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps