The first Veterinarian (Captain Beal) to arrive in the Gold Coast was posted in May 1909 at the request of the Colonial Government. The Veterinary Services was then a Unit of the Medical Department until 1920 when it was established as a Department with headquarters in Pong-Tamale. When the headquarters was established in Pong-Tamale two sections were created in 1931; the Veterinary Section which was responsible for disease control and the Livestock Section which dealt with improvement of indigenous livestock breeds.
No Document(s) has been attached to this organization yet.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps